Thanks for the review Nick. I always enjoy hearing a personal review vs. the paid critics. Critics often try to hard to "relevant," if you know what I mean.

I find your description of the effect of 48 fps interesting. I understand why it may create increased motion sickness but it is hard to grasp that increasing the amount of data sent to our brain in an effort to increase realistic motion, would make things appear faster. After all, we are already processing motion in real time. Then again, how many theories that "make sense" in the world are proven wrong eventually.

Of course, I lack the slightest bit of knowledge into this bit of physiology so I'll believe you. It would be interesting to attend a movie center that had a 48 fps showing and 24 fps in it's smaller theaters. One could walk from one to the other to see if that was indeed the difference.

This is the first time anybody hybridized the Red Epic cemeras by pairing them together for 3D and running at 48 fps, so I suspect you are probably right. The concept of additional frames may be sound but the equipment use needs to be perfected.

It's a 4.5 hour drive including a $40 bridge toll just to get to the nearest theater that can do 48fps for me, so I guess I won't have to worry. I would have been interested to experience it though.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.