Hey Guys! I've been posting over in the Stereo forum about the new M3ti's I just bought and saw this discussion of the M22's and thought I'd ask a few questions.

I'm not totally happy with the M3s. But, I bought a pair of Athena AS-B2's for comparison and they have some short-comings, too. There are traits that I like about each of the brands. If only I had something in the middle.

I've heard it mentioned that the M22's are lacking in the bass department. One of the Axiom techs even mentioned it. But, I'm am not in need of big, booming bass; and I do want clear, crisp mids and highs. I'm wondering if the M22's might not be the answer I'm looking for.

Of course, I was hoping not to be spending more than the cost of the original speakers on this project ($275), so I'm wondering if can get by without a sub using the M22s. Otherwise, there is the feared Domino Effect: More and larger speakers, a new receiver, a new TV, a surround system, a new condo with a full floor devoted to my new system, a new SUV to transport the equipment..............where does it end?

And all I wanted was couple of bookshelf speakers! Any thoughts?