Originally Posted By: PopeBobThe53rd
God's blessings to you on your birthday!

Thanks all! I have not been ignoring you, but rather, was without internet access this past week. I chose the Pope's comment intentionally (more on that in a moment), but want to thank you all for for the birthday wishes.

I just got back from a week-long trip to Tuba City, AZ with our church youth group building six wheelchair ramps for the Navajo's. Most were for the elderly, some were for permanent wheelchair users of every age, and my group built a small deck and a long set of short rise (4.25") stairs for a 13 year old boy who suffers from hyperlipidemia, a conditions that required a heart/liver transplant and he suffered a stroke while on the OR table. Rather than build him a ramp, the low rise stairs will be part of his physical therapy to regain his motor skills for walking - he previously had to be carried into and out of his home. Now he can take the 11 steps in just over 2 minutes by himself!
So I was blessed to be able to spend my birthday (which it and every other day is blessed with full mobility) making someone else's life a little easier.

Last edited by Amie; 06/03/13 09:48 AM.

Scott

My HT