It's been probably 20 years or more since I last travelled through Canada, to get to Alaska. Canada has since tightened up on who is allowed to enter the country, and some of the boarder crossing regs look to have changed as well. I was looking at this web page, and I am finding some things open to interpretation.

I was going to buy a new truck and custom built enclosed car hauler in the lower 48. Pricing is considerably better on both. A lot of Alaskans do this. It is not uncommon. I'll probably load the trailer up with some things I can't readily buy in Alaska, or is large and expensive to ship. I also wanted to pick up a few bottles of Canadian Whiskey that is not exported.

Problem is, the dealership will not confirm the sale of the truck unless the buyer is physically present to sign the documents. This means the truck would have a temporary paper registration. Same with the trailer, a temp registration, as I will not pay for it unless I can verify they built what I ordered.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly I need to transit through the country before I get to the boarder. It would really suck to get that far and be told I can't transit through the country.

Is there a better source that will actually detail the requirements for transit through the country? Or better yet, a phone number with a live person on the other end of the line that could answer my questions?