I'm getting the feeling that experimentation plays a part in all this!

Over the weekend I had an awesome experience using one of the Yamaha settings that mimics the acoustics of a particular room. Typically I haven't cared much for those settings, because they just sound really echo-ey.

I watched the documentary/concert movie "Hail Hail Rock and Roll" about Chuck Berry (and so many others in the cast of characters)

When they were speaking the voices sometimes souded really echoey - and then I looked where they were standing and , duh, they are in a cavernous space - so naturally it would sound echoey. So I waited until the music started up, and I'm really REALLY glad I did - it just plain ripped and jumped and sounded fantastic! No feeling of hollowness or echo, just in your face music.

So that was fun.

Thinking maybe I'll pick up another similar set of the Polks and leave a rear set and a presence set hooked up and switch between them according to what's on.

I have an extra other set of speakers I suppose I could use, but they are 6 ohm speakers, and I don't want to throw anything into the mix that could strain the receiver.

Aunty Em
Tampa, FL