I know every Klipsh model is not the same but I had an old room mate with a huge set of Klipsh speakers.

I own M60s, not M80s but I think you will find that there is going to be an adjustment period when you need to get used to the fact that you won't have the horn based tweeters (excuse me but I'm going to say) "over"emphasizing the treble. I have always found horn tweeters to be much too bright and my ears quickly get annoyed or tired or something if they are played too long.

I think you will be very happy the M80s but you may need some time to adjust and get used to the new sound style. But that probably goes for any major speaker switch.

Edit:
Rereading, I sound kind of negative. That was not my intent. I just wanted to let you know that there is always that period where unless you are trained to hear and compare speakers objectively, most of us will find our brains negatively interpret a 'new' sound until some time passes.

I probably should have found a way to express that better without adding in my personal opinion on horn tweeters.

Last edited by Murph; 12/19/13 01:28 PM. Reason: messaging

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.