I am like you Murph, in a quick demo, the Klipsch horn based speakers sound "crisp" but I quickly become annoyed with those horn tweeters. Maybe I've just become more critical in my listening over the years.

Oh, and the last time I listened to Klipsch and "enjoyed" them per se, was back before I owned Axioms. I went from a "collection" of cheap KLH speakers in v1.0 of my home theater to listening to the Klispch speakers, to doing some auditioning of speakers, to not liking the Klipsch and to settling on Axioms. I've had the Axioms for v2.0, v3.0 (where I was given an opportunity to sell the speakers when we sold that house, but didn't) and not again in v4.0.

I have the M60s as well, but have heard what the M80s can do (courtesy of SirQuack from these forums) and they are impressive.

So not that I have a lot of great side-by-side comparison information at all, but just some ramblings about enjoying how a flat and even the frequency response sounds really good.

Now some people like the over-the-top horn tweeter, but you will find a lot of things on the web of people saying how fatiguing the Klipsch are at even reasonable volumes for any length of time. That is what turned be away form them, and that was well before I settled on Axiom.

Farewell - June 4, 2020