Howard,

Following what John has said, if you think about it. Pair of 800D’s each have a 12” woofer. So, they essentially have a “subwoofer” built into the cabinet, they are just being powered by your two channel amp instead of a dedicated amp.

I’ve got a pair of LFR’s in my main room; which I use for home theater, as well as stereo. I also have a pair of EP 600’s. The 600’s are oriented such that each one is next to an LRF. I can say the LFR’s are amazing both in stereo, as well as in an HT application.

The best way I can convey the difference between the LFR and a pair of M60/M80 speaker is..

They open up the sound stage in a way that going to a play, or going to the symphony does. If you think about the difference between a live performance as compared to watching the same performance on TV even with a HT system, there is still an audible difference.. That’s about the best comparison that I can make. When you’re at the symphony, the instruments radiate sound in all directions, and by the design of the hall those sound waves are re-directed towards the audience. You hear both the direct and indirect sound waves. I think the LFR’s do a good job at replicating this phenomenon. They make your room “seem” much larger than it actually is. The room mine are in are 17feet/18feet.

Also, I have not found any issue with placement. Mine are about 2-3 feet off of the wall, and towed in. I’ve tied moving them around a decent amount, and they always sound good.

Hope this helps.