Well Chesseroo, Let us see; The Denon 3802 has an maximum output of between ~110W at 8 Ohms and ~130W at 6 Ohms depending on speaker impedance. Incidentally, I was running the speakers at well below full power. The QS8s are rated at 400W (rms presumably). The specs on the website says that their impedance is 6 Ohms and the spec sheet that came with the speakers listed it (if I recall correctly) as 4 Ohms. I am aware that speaker impedance is a function of the frequency, so let us say that the impedance varies between 4 Ohms to 6 Ohms over a 100-20KHz band. I am no expert on speaker loading but that is enough to convince me that it is not a power issue (but please feel free to correct me if need be).

The buzzing noise that I referred to came only from the QS8s and as I said in my earlier post, the other three speakers reproduced the music cleanly (I was playing 5 channel stereo). The noise also was present simultaneously in both the QS8s; Further this was the case only with a particular CD and that too only at times when the male vocalist was hitting particular notes. The noise was incremental to the otherwise decent performance of the 8s. To me that is not reason enough to simply return the speakers as you seem to suggest. There may be a simple reason for it as also a easy remedy. It may be something with my setup. The purpose of my post was to seek feedback from others in case they have experienced the same. The comment about "in general" is for the designer who may have made that design compromise (due to say, size considerations) while designing the speaker believing that such a situation (of that particular resonance) is infrequent enough to not warrant spending an inordinate amount of resources to rectify it, and if so, inform the crowd. Also as I said both the 8's exhibited the artefact.

Lastly, regarding the output, my concern was more regarding the difference between DVD soundtracks and music CDs (by the way I play both on the same DVD player). You will note that I had already ascribed in my previous post, in a general sense, part of the blame for the perceived level of output on the choice of the sub. Further since the speakers have considerable reserve in power handling, getting a pre-amp or a higher powered receiver is one solution. My post was meant to get readers' ideas on other possibilities.

Prem