Yay!

Althought I wouldn't call the AE8000 "inky blacks," the Epson 8350 is a nice unit for sure.

For $700, you can get a decent screen that doesn't hot-spot.

Carada is running a sale right now. I really liked my screen from them that I had for V2.0 and V3.0 of my theater. You can get a 118" screen for under $700 shipped to your door.

Or if you want acoustically transparent (to put the screen in front of your speakers and get that center channel behind your screen instead of above or below it), you should look at Seymour AV and their XD material. That is what I have now and love it. I went the DIY route and built a 138" screen using the Seymour XD material for about $400 with ALL materials.

Then there is Jamestown Home Theater Screens. Sort of a DIYer selling screens. Price is about in the middle of true DIY and the full retail products for the frames, but they go together in about 20-30 minutes and look nice when done. Screen materials are good too. He even has a Seymour XD screen option. His largest screen option with Seymour material is 150" and it is just $600 and would be way better than some "cheap screen.

Can't wait to see some layouts.

Farewell - June 4, 2020