You didn't specify gas vs charcoal or smoking vs grilling, but a couple of others to consider:

- Weber Performer (with the gas lighter) and a chimney -- charcoal grilling & smoking for the lazy

- Weber Genesis 330 or comparable Napoleon -- probably Weber service is a bit better in the US and ditto for Napoleon in Canada, but this seems to be roughly the point where you get a good range of size/features and longevity

I've had a Performer for quite a few years now (before they added the chrome-y/cheesy styling cues) and have been very happy with it. I should really get a Genesis since that would remove my last excuse for cooking inside (the Performer + chimney makes charcoal very low effort but not zero effort), but I keep eyeing the BGE instead (for baking etc..).

If I could only have one bbq it would have to be something like the Performer (IMO charcoal makes a big difference in taste) but that's partly because I do more indirect cooking & smoking than grilling. If I was mostly grilling or indirect cooking things that don't benefit so much from smoke (I'm not big on smoked veggies) then a gas bbq might be perfect.

If you could post back with a bit of info about the kind of cooking you do (or like to do) that would really help.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8