I am in the stuck side to that part. Go with banana plugs or not.

From a clean line look side of things, it makes a lot more sense to have a plate and then you can move the speaker around however much you like and all you need is to adjust the leads to the plate on the wall. Want to clean up around a speaker.. you can unplug it from the wall and move it away with no chance of damaging what is inside the wall.

On the flip side to that... again, who knows if this is just selling snake oil, but every connector that you add into the mix is your slight loss of signal or introduction of noise. The question comes to play is how much?

On the receiver/amp end.. if I have run a whole whack of extra cables out to the different parts of the room, sure is much nicer to have a collection of corresponding face plates grouped into the array of matching speaker plates at the other end. So you know that this group of 8 plugs are your surround speakers, and this other set are reserved for your ATMOS. You only need to plug in a patch between the wall and the amp for the speakers that you are driving. Makes it more neat and tidy.

The down side to the face plate for everything comes when you have a whole whack of wires. On a single decora plate you can fit 8 plugs (4 speakers).

So for my setup, the front L&R takes up 2 spots.
C + spare + front L&R ATMOS 1 spot
Sur L & R + 2 rear C 1 spot
Rear Sur L&R + rear L&R ATMOS 1 spot

So I have in total 5 sets. They make a 4 gang plate, but I have not seen a 5. So then you have to figure out how your are going to break them up into a 2 and 3 group. You want them to look logical.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5