Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now
The whole Watts spec and quoting Ohms law is not meaningful. These equations are theoretical and are only valid into purely resistive loads. Ie. Voltage and current are in phase. The exact opposite of a loudspeaker over its range.

I will disagree based on my experience of how speakers work. They are basically a set of electromagnets with a cone attached to one end. Your speaker driver uses the coil inside to either attract or repel from the fixed magnet at the base of the speaker. The effectiveness of the speaker to reproduce the sounds you want is controlled by how well the coil can react to the changes in direction to overcome it's own velocity to reproduce the sound wave.

I personally found that a high current amp seems to produce a more pleasing sound for my listening than one that is based on high voltage (with similar wattage output)

For whatever reason, my 15 year old Nakamichi AV1 sounds far better and reproduces music acoustically cleaner than my new Pioneer Elite SC1227 that is a higher wattage and supposedly high current, but is a D-class amp. The pioneer seems to give music an empty feeling to me depending on the passage of music at a given time.

Your receiver does have pre-out's so you can hook up an external amp if you find your receiver isn't giving you the sound quality that you are wanting. I'd try using a different amp to improve the sound as the speakers are very capable to reproduce music.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5