I never really understood the speaker reviews system. It is inherently flawed as you are just getting a subjective opinion to something with far too many variables.

You start off with the reviewers taste. If they prefer a bass heavy sound they are going to subjectively give a better review to a speaker that gives that sort of sound. As a purchaser, if you don't have the same tastes as them, you are not going to get the same experience.

Then you get into the equipment and room that they listened in. Yes they do list the additional hardware, but quite obviously the sound is effected by every component along the channel and unless you have what they have, how could you expect to get the same sound? Even if you do buy what they have, then your room will also effect the sound. We have posts upon posts of forum members here who can attest to changing the room, speaker location and sitting position has effected what they heard.

From a standpoint of a badly designed speaker will have a hard time sounding good, then having some form of review system to weed out someone just putting speaker components inside a box of some form and shape and calling themselves an expert, I fail to see the point.

I wonder honestly if Axiom has ever taken their competitors speaker into their own Anechoic Chamber to see how their family of curves stack up to their own? I often wonder if their is a sound profile for specific brands of speakers.. like B&W has a flavour of sound inherent to their brand line that is different from Axiom.

I just happen to really like the sound I am getting from my speakers and that is the part of the equation that makes these speakers worth it to me. Not what any reviewer says.

Just curious however.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5