Originally Posted By: JohnK
Matt, the graph and Axiom specs on the M2 are somewhat better than you've described. Rather than "nothing" around 70Hz, the graph shows good response there and the spec cites 70Hz as the +/- 3dB point. Be that as it may, if used without a sub the M3, although less linear in response, does have at least 10Hz lower bass response.

Yes you are correct. it's at 60hz The computer M2's are a good -10db down. The thing that you need to remember is that 3db equates to double the power. So when you get into a 10db loss, it equal to 1/10 the sound. So when these speakers are at 55hz and you are at -20db (1/100 sound) and to hit 50hz it's at -30db (1/1000 sound) or basically inaudible.

The comparison is to the M3 that does have the hump between 80hz to 150hz, but the same three db points are at 55hz, 45hz and 35hz when you get to the inaudible level.

I think looking at it more, I have convinced myself that the M3 definitely is the better choice for me and as others who have tried it have pointed out, the M2 will require a sub of some form to give the sound feeling that I am looking for. I know that adding a sub in the bedroom will just tick off the rest of the family as it will likely be more powerful a combination than just going with an M3.

Thanks for the help everyone.. it is settled.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5