Could not disagree more. Screens are a necessity unless you live alone. Even then I'd cover them to protect from the sun drying them out. Plenty of affordable (even more affordable then Axiom) speakers have screens that blend nicely with the cabinets. Even the cheap Polks I just replaced with the on walls had thin screens on them that you couldn't see unless you looked. You also do not need to change the internals of the cabinet at all. Either go very thin screens or put a small lip on the outer edge and have the screen sit flush behind it. Or recess the entire middle section where the drivers go an 1/8th of an inch and put a thin screen on it.

There are countless options and designs. You guy aren't thinking outside of the box. The trick is keeping the factory assembly and vinyl application process easy. But, there's no denying that Axiom needs a little face lift. Excellent finishes and all are nice, but when your new speakers look identical to a set from almost 15 years ago....

And look at my signature. If I thought they were ugly I wouldn't have a house full of them. This is just minor cosmetic pet peeve.

Last edited by newf; 05/12/15 11:31 PM.

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12