OK, I'll admit it. When I first saw those 3 separate diagonal grills on the LF-100 and M100, I wasn't thrilled at the look.

Now that they've been in my face for 18 months, I've become inured. I'm sure they had some reasons, but I didn't understand why it wasn't a single grille.

And I agree with Newf that, if you don't live alone, sans grilles is not an option. Hell, I almost spilled a glass of OJ myself into my ep500 on it's 2nd day in the house! The grille saved me.

The M60's look really good, because the grilles still leave a nice amount of exposed wood on the bottom. Well, for me it's wood. For most of you it's plastic. If youre not gonna get any wood and you're gonna get "plastic," then you should visit Mark's Uncle, "Doc's" website.

So, the only question is, "If the speakers were touching sides, would the grille "chevron" point up or down?"

Mine point up, based on the design theories of 19thC Brit, Ogden Rood; diagonal up = happy, diagonal down = sad. Of course, he forgot to factor in that we read left to right, so he was unaware that it's cultural. Sorry, what were we talking about?

Last edited by BobKay; 05/13/15 03:52 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.