Matt-

Where is your sofa front to back? In that room for performance/practicality sidewall midpoints would be where I'd start. Then they are out of the path of walkways. The front wall would work too, but you would have to test just where the best spots were due to the mech. bulkouts. Can you center it up better at all?

I suppose its too late to suggest using the right wall or left wall as the front orientation of your setup. Or is this your temp room?

I wouldnt put them both alongside the left wall. Your seating will fall in an area where the distance away from the subs varies too much and seat to seat performance will be all over the place.

Nick, DSQ, everyone-

Since we are talking about "ideal" subwoofer outcomes, here's a podcast where Paul Hales refutes the notion of all seat optimization in preference of reference performance for a smaller footprint in the room. The setup Nick employs is preferred by me as opposed to midpoints (have lived with both scenarios in same old room) because of the net wavefront effect subs have when placed in tandem on the front wall at 1/4 or 1/3 points. Midpoints net equal bass distribution, but equal bass is not always the best bass.