well,way I see it without hearing all those side by side blind tests is:
if there were no upgrades or improvements, why do they keep tweaking the M80 line ?
ok with the M80Ti if I can remember was the highs and that was tweaked with a cross over change. Some use to put a resistor in there.
v2 - v3 Cross over and I think that's when the black dust caps changed wink also I believe drive change to the woofer.
V4 well Driver change, tweeter change and crossover.
If none of these were to improve sound why all the changes ?

I've had the Ti, and now v3. I can hear the difference. I have here the M80Ti L/R and a v4 Centre. I can tell you that side by side is a no brainer difference. And at that, it would make me upgrade, specially if I had the cash in the bank.

v3 to v4 , well I still have my v3's .......I am waiting for v5 I still think there's a Mid-Range driver update coming yet someday and with my luck I would upgrade to the HPv4 and that update will come out next month. I have asked this question a couple times. Since the tweeter, Woofers and Crossovers been changed and improved and updated , if there was a mid-range driver update coming and no replies, either denied or maybe or yes.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4