I think the extra pixels are likely not necessary and I like an enveloping experience. I like to sit about one screen width away from a 2.35:1 image. I am very excited about the additional stuff that UHD can offer: HDR, improvement in color (more colors with more bit depth) and High Frame Rate. From what I have heard, these three total can take up less bandwidth than just adding more pixels (with some of the standards that are being tossed around). My hope is that they get the better quality pixels *first* and then worry about getting extra pixels if space is allotted, because it is quite clear even from the new UHD Blu-Ray standard that it is not possible to get all of the improvements at once. I will not rebuy any movies just because of the extra pixels.

Honestly, I think the important order of improvements should be HDR, color, HFR and then extra pixels. My second to last generation Pioneer Kuro was only a 768p set that I was comparing with other 1080p sets. In particular I had one of the best (at the time) Samsung LCDs to compare with in my house. The difference between the two was night and day. The Pioneer, even though it had about half the number of pixels seemed to have more detail, because of the improved contrast ratio. I still love how it looks. If it is possible to improve the local contrast ratios even further (like it seems) and delivery of content to display on such displays, then that is something I am very excited about.

Color would a nice additional improvement, since even on good quality Blu-Ray titles you can still see banding in colors. Lastly, HFR would be hugely welcomed by me. Think about action movies with fast action and how at 24 fps. It doesn't look natural to me. I find it irritating.