Originally Posted By Rock
Thanks guys.

For a 2 kids' dad, sparing some budget for music may be similar than a colleague student spending all the allowance:)

So an amplifier with a sub output is a must?

By the way, what would be the difference between bookshelf speakers + sub and floor standing speakers?

Amp with a sub output would at least give you a little future proofing or option proofing.

I ultimately went with floorstanding because overall the bigger the speaker, the bigger the sound. With increasing room size, and depending the playback volume you prefer, a larger speaker might be preferred. The M22s sounded thin to me, but after getting the M60s instead, i had the sound volume i wanted with an eye to the future that we would build a larger media room at some point as well.

However, starting small is a good place to start. M22s and sub would be that excellent beginning.
Or, you could always venture the M50s, though i prefer the 3-way driver design; i feel it present more clarity.

Additional note, to save on cash but still get quality, you can always look for used audio gear as well, either at the Axiom outlet store or sites like Audiogon and Canuck Audio Mart.

Last edited by chesseroo; 07/23/15 02:26 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."