It's been a long time since I've posted here, with a few recent exceptions. I think I'll resume posting here as it will be much like talking to myself. Perhaps the faithful have chased everyone away.

Anyway, I followed the Home Theater Shack $3,000 speaker comparison with interest. I had previously ordered an Odyssey Khartago which should ship tomorrow. As a result of the HTS discussion, I ordered a pair of cherry M100 V4s. I offered a price so low, I hoped it would be rejected, but Debbie said yes, so they should be here by Wednesday.

More to the point, the reviewers commented on the sonic virtues of moving the speakers away from the wall. I have a pair of Thiel CS 3.6s which sounded OK, I have to say I've been disappointed in them for years. So, tonight, I moved them away from the wall. Wouldn't you know it, but those fellas were right. What a huge difference in sound quality.

Also made me appreciate the Integra M504 amplifier which drives the Thiels. Nice amp. Had a bit of a chuckle at the assertion that all solid state amplifiers sound the same.

Anyway, I am looking forward to setting up the M100s. I'll keep them away from the wall as well.

Until next time.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.