Hello Matt. I need a bigger living room! I can pull them out about 5' from the wall for sitting down and getting into it. Enough room for about 8' between the speakers. That' leave me about 10' to the couch, but the couch is up against the wall. Currently, I have a pair of Dahlquist DQM909s atop a pair of Dahlquist subwoofers driven by a legendary Yamaha M80 amplifier (B&K reference preamp) I'll swap the Dahlquist arrays for the M100s.

My 9.2 system is in the master bedroom, which is pretty big. I placed the Thiels about 3.5' from the wall. I'd say (I'll measure later) that the distance between the speakers is about 9'. My listening position is a bit too close (~6') because of the bed.

Moving the Thiels away from the wall has definitely helped in a big way. Never occurred to me before. What a difference.

Mojo, it sounds like you have pretty much taken the wall behind your speakers out of the reflection equation (especially if treated). Love to hear those dreamcatchers!!

I didn't want to get too excited about the M100s, but my toe is tapping with expectation.

My tube amp needs a bit of professional attention. I keep it dusted.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.