I wonder how many titles are out there that really take advantage of the newest Atmos/Aura3D?

I ask as it I think it makes more sense to build up to the standard in line with availability than jump in leading edge. The QS8's give a remarkable non directional sound for the surround speakers that will make the regular 5.1 and older dolby surround movies sound great.

I understand the idea of putting in a height speaker as it gives another vector for direction of sound to get to you that your hearing can perceive. Now does that need to be a directional on non directional source? I don't know.

In building a room, I put in the wires for what I will eventually get to, just don't have the money yet to implement to the finished standard. I have some older Energy Take speakers that are not being used that I will give a try and see how they work. I am sure that we all have those spare speakers laying around that never got around to throwing out (selling) that could stand in with a push.

I would suggest that you put your money into getting the best sound out of the established 5.1 .. or is that 5.2. Those are the core speakers for movies and the rest add gravy to the sound meal you are getting.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5