Mojo, since I can't find anything I have resorted to building my own. I was thinking about using 1" black Iron threaded pipe with floor flanges at the top and bottom of each piece connecting the pipe to each shelf. This way I can buy the pipe to the sizes I need for each shelf. Essentially I would have a board on the bottom, a twelve inch space to the next board, a six inch space to the next and a ten inch space to the top shelf. So that's four corner pipes per level and there would be some more support pipes in the middle which would create three 19 inch wide spaces for gear on the bottom two levels. The top level would be wide open housing the center channel. With this design there would be no solid walls on any side of the unit. So if you're still following me, do you see a reason this free air stand would be bad for SQ? I have a mill that sent me a quote for some very nice wood and I was thinking about pulling the trigger tomorrow. .
And thank you everybody for your feedback. It's nice to have people to think this stuff through with

Last edited by Jeff1981; 10/07/15 01:03 AM.