John that looks like a great deal. Looking around on their site they have this years model as a refurb as well. Have to say I'm a bit torn between them.

Denon AVR-X2100W $299

Denon AVR-S710W $319

The 2100 has a tiny bit more power (95W vs 80W), probably not enough to notice but I know it would still bug me knowing I could have just a bit more headroom. My HK is (conservatively) rated something like 90x2 or 60x7. I can get the M80's pretty damn loud with that but I know I've run out of power before.

The 710 has more HDMI capability/certifications but the 2100 has 4K upsampling. Neither of which I need today but who knows about the future. 2100 also has dual HDMI outputs which I could possibility utilize but it's not too big of a deal.

They both have Audyssey. From what I can tell the 2100 has one additional feature, MultEQ XT vs the 710's MultEQ. This actually intrigues me because I feel like my room is limiting the full potential of my system. Just curious if Audyssey can help.

710 has basic Atmos, which I'm not sure if I care about or not.

I should probably flip a coin because I am certainly capable of agonizing over this decision for a while.

I think either way these AVRs would fit the bill for a few years for sure. I've had my HK 630 for over 10 years now I believe. It was also a refurb. laugh