Went to the IMAX 3D screening I bought tickets for in Spokane. Yeah, as has been discussed, it's not really the IMAX experience you want. It was fine, but not great, and for $17.99 per ticket after the "convenience fee," it probably wasn't worth the road trip. The company and the food we enjoyed there made it worthwhile, but the moviegoing experience should have been more wow. I'm still looking forward to seeing it at the Boeing IMAX at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle with the laser projection system.

Oh, and I did see it on Thursday, too, at the brand new local theater. They were going to open on the 11th, but the permits didn't make it in time. They made sure they were going to be open for Star Wars. It was on all screens on Thursday, of course, and it is now the nicest theater in town. Not that that's a great feat, but I'm glad they're trying. Leather reclining seats, snack trays, and I think the seats are a little wider than at the other theaters, too. Dolby Atmos, and certainly the most capable subwoofers around here, though they still can't pressurize that big space like my EP800s can my home theater area.

As for the movie itself, I won't talk about it publicly until some time has passed.