Well fizzle-sticks...

I was talking above about a 9.1.2 Atmos layout just to find out that DTS:X, at least in its first iteration, probably won't support a 9.1.2 layout (won't support "wide" speakers). It will still do 7.1.4, but things are starting to trickle out with CES going on and a representative for Trinnov ($$$$) stated that the first firmware release won't support wide speakers, at least for their product, and since they are pretty high end, it isn't looking good for others. I know that over on AVS, several people are pretty much up-in-arms about it because they have charts and manuals stating that their DTS:X upgradable receivers WILL support wide channels with DTS:X...

If DTS:X only supports 7.1.4 out of the gate, who knows how long before it will support 9.1.2...

I guess I should just calm down. It isn't like I am ready to go out and buy a new receiver anyway. Maybe by then it will be different, but I wanted to post the latest "news" since there is no reason not to look at DTS:X at the same time as Atmos.

Farewell - June 4, 2020