A quick update. I unplugged the sub for a few days and installed a surge protector the thump thump has subsided and the sub seems to be operating normally for now.

I have two ep600's the other one was plugged into the same outlet as this for some time and then developed the same issue. My children ended up snapping the input off of the amp hence why the other sub which was plugged in across the room was moved to this location. The weird thing is both subs took nearly a year before developing the issue I described. Eventually I will be sending in the first ep600 amp for repair I'm wondering if I should send both? Do you thing that power fluctuations could eventually cause a problem with the amp?

Also I'm wondering why a surge protector and not a power conditioner/voltage regulator would make any difference at all? I always thought they were more of a circuit breaker more like a GFI but tripping on a surge in voltage/amperage when they trip you just reset or replace them? I'm no electrician so correct me if I'm wrong here.