Before someone gets in a twist about this being a Stereo forum, I am talking about 2 channel music. The "receiver" just happens to have a pretty good DAC built inside and can do 2 channel sound just as well.

I know that there was rumours that Axiom will release an AA stereo box that has no speakers and hooks up to your receiver.. but it's not here so there is no point in recommending it.

What I am looking for really is a good UI that can be run from a tablet that allows me to see my music catalog on my NAS and be able to queue it up to play. But I know that this will need some additional hardware in the middle to act as the media player that can then send the music either by HDMI or S/PDIF to the receiver to be decoded and played.

I currently have a Synology NAS with all my music on it. I have a couple of older HTPC Zotac Zbox intel Atom pc's that can run Windows or Linux or something. I do have a couple of Win7 (actual paid for licences).

I have run FooBar2000 on Win7 and for the most part it worked except every so often it would or windows would mess up and force a reboot and have some OK box that is needed to be clicked to get it working again. Rather a pain in the ! I don;t know if this will be a thing of the past if I moved over to Win10.

I have never tried JRiver and know it can get a bit more expensive as it looks like a yearly update with cost + buying another tablet user interface to get it working. Is it worth it? will it give me something more?

Are there other options that I have not thought of?

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5