Matt this all depends on what you want your room to look like. If you have plenty of freedom plenty can be done using treatments. Room correction can only do so much depending on how un co-operative your room is. The big hole is cancellation. The bass wave basically coming back on themselves which is why bass traps can help by stopping the returning waves. Doing a sub crawl is a good place to start if you have freedom to move the subs around. My space is small with few options so I let Dirac do what it can and live with it. I have done measurements with REW and a calibrated mic but it only showed me what I had and again I am limited though I plan on bass traps once the weather gets better. Start like you suggested and get the room squared away then look into some panels and traps.

Ps ... I know lots of people don't like AVS but I spend time there reading lots of stuff and in between the bickering and what not there is some usefull info. Also Home Theater Shack is a good site and if you post your curves people who know a lot more than me will chime in and lend a hand and it a great place to learn about room correction if you really want to know.
Richard

Last edited by Socketman; 03/25/16 11:50 PM.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry