I went to T.H.E. Audio Show in Irvine last week. I shouldn't have gone.

I met Andrew Jones and listened to his new $500/pair ELAC bookshelf speakers with his $500 subwoofer. Sounded better than many big buck systems on display at the show. Bravo to him for putting out quality audio products at a decent price ... sort of the Axiom model.

If you have more self-control that I do, I highly recommend you go to one of these shows and listen to the speakers, amps, and systems. I have bought a lot of gear, on the internet, based on reviews. Many reviews are no more than "advertorials" that is, paid for glowing reviews of mediocre products. Some reviewers are obviously hearing impaired or perverse. Go listen for yourselves!

I listened to the highly reviewed $60,000 Von Schweikert VR55 with Constellation electronics. Axiom should go to the shows, as I think Axiom has speakers which sound better.

I heard a pair of $58,000 Legacy speakers with Raven electronics and heavy room treatments. Wonderful !!

Then, I wandered into the Emerald Physics room and was gobsmacked by their EP2.8s with DSP, tri-amped, no room treatments. At first I thought they sounded at least as good as the Legacies. Then, I realized their sound quality was incredible, celestial, transforming, LIVE.

I heard myself say, "I'll take 'em" or something like that.

I picked up a pair of Emerald Physics EP 2.8 speakers in the ginko boloba or cocobolo finish with DSP and some mono blocks. I have never heard anything like them. They are sending the designer down to set up the speakers, DSP and amps for me next week. I will definitely throw some brontosaurus on the BBQ for him. Mark is one of the funniest, most intelligent people I've met in years.

Anyone interested in a pair of brand new Axiom M100s in real Cherry with Chestnut finish and outriggers? PM me if interested.

Best regards.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.