Originally Posted By brendo
An Mp3 and C.D. is basically putting carpets over your speakers.
Even my C.D.s don't have the same dynamics as the same records,
Have been listening to my new Fluance RT81 for a couple weeks and wow does it ever out perform all my sony C.D. players and DACs

P.S. Be sure to clean your records and you won't have any hisses or crackles or even snaps.

That is pure and utter crap. if you are so convinced that an analog pressed vinyl record has more dynamic range than a CD, then please provide me with the science to back up that statement.

For those who don't know: In music, dynamic range is the difference between the quietest and loudest volume of an instrument, part or piece of music. it is stated in db.
A pressed vinyl record has about 65db of dynamic range as there is background noise from surface friction from the stylus along the pressed surface, and peak output is limited by the stylus ability to stay inside the grove. Now the frequency response of an analog record is much wider than the human ear can perceive, going up as high as 120khz. However, the LP cannot reproduce bass lower than the 20hz.

By comparison, digital media has a much broader dynamic range as there is zero interaction with the physical media it is recorded on. Sadly there are many misconceptions about digital playback and how accurate the sound is.

In a studio for the longest time, the recodings were done on a reel to reel tape recorded in analog. These tapes have embedded particles of metal that will hold a magnetic charge that holds a sound level. As each of these particles are not infinitesimally small, so the sound recorded is only as accurate as the size of each particle in relation to the speed of which the tape passes over the recording head.
In digital, the sound is sliced into micro-sized level sampled over a period of time. It works out to be as accurate as the reel to reel tapes in the number of samples compared to the number of particles on tape when recording.

What you are experiencing is your own perceived opinion that vinyl sounds better than CD. Just like you have stated that you prefer vacuum tube over solid state amplification. It does not mean that it is better or more accurate, but just that you like the sound it produces better.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5