Originally Posted By Escaron
Hi there, I currently have the VP150 and looking to upgrade to the VP160 as I've read that it's a significant improvement in dialogue clarity, off axis performance and overall a better match for my M80s. I noticed there is a VP160 HP available through the pre-owned store for about the same price as a B-stock VP160. The specs for the HP edition of the VP160 say that its rated 6ohm while the regular VP160 is rated 8ohm. My current receiver is a Denon 3808 and it powers the center and surrounds (QS8). Will it be able to provide sufficient power for the VP160HP and its new bigger drivers or should I stick with the VP160? Price wise I would prefer to get the VP160HP as it's a better speaker and less expensive than the regular VP160 (the pre-owned part doesn't bother me much).

Just looking to get some thoughts from people.

Thanks for your help!

Yep, go for it, that is a very good price especially for an HP unit and I am sure the folks at Axiom have made sure it is functioning as it should be and because it is, in essence, a full range speaker, you will notice a substantial difference in performance over the 150. Before I moved to the VP180, I had a VP160 that in many respects I wish had kept because of its design, it does have somewhat better off-axis performance than even the 180 and it will blend fine with the 80's.