Confused?

So what speaker is the hum coming from? is it just the center speaker or is it all the speakers?

I get that when you have just the left and the right hooked up, it sounds silent. That is what is should sound all the time.

I think you are saying when you hook up the center channel RCA that you start to get the hum. I am going to gather that you have tried moving the RCA connectors to different plug spots on the back of the ADA to see if that changes the characteristic or amount of hum that you are hearing.

Have you tried just hooking up the center channel RCA only and seeing if you are getting any hum.

Just trying to figure if it has anything to do with a signal or ground issue coming from your Pre-Amp that the ADA is sensative to that perhaps any of your prior amps were not.

Also, have you tried pulling all your other inputs from your pre-amp to see if the sound goes away. These would all be steps to look into before you can start to diagnose what to do. You really need to isolate what is connected. For instance, I had a wicked hum with an Rotel amp that went away when I unplugged the HTPC media player computer that I was using for music streaming.

And BTW, going from RCA to XLR doesn't reduce the sound quality, it just reduces the gain by about -10db

Last edited by MatManBobbleHead; 10/23/16 01:36 AM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5