OK, so I got the first sub of two. I figured to try this one out first instead of not being happy and return two.
First impression is it is better than any other I've had.

Not sure if I am 100% sold on it though. Mainly because I got this EP500 or SVSplus would be alot better. But, really how much better ? $2000 more better ?
My room shrunk in size from what I was originally planning. It is 12 x 15 x 8

My question is if I ran say REW and setup a PEQ for the subs if that would help the performance ?
I do have and am installing room treatments I need a couple corner bass traps yet,
I know the room treatments I am putting up would effect the bass much at all.
I find though and probably rightfully so, that with music it is a bit more loose, boomy than I like, however it is better than none. I had the M80's and now and running the M22.
Reason is my son loved the M80's in the HG Cherry and also this room was probably too small for them and I fought and fought to get them positioned right and just could not get it.
I don't need loud either. The M22 I now have sound coming from the middle of my tv and not below in stereo. So, for my room and 90% movies I believe I am staying M22 and VP160.

SO, my question is. Will a PEQ help even out tighten up the bass? or should I maybe return it for a DSP sub with more power EP500 or SVS Plus or JL Audio E112 ?

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4