Before I purchased my Axioms I looked at the Aperion. I also liked the look of them and based on the research they seemed like a very simlar quality and price point. The biggest reason I chose the axioms was due to the customer support and the forum. Axiom has really good service and policies that will help you make a purchase correction if for some reason you are not happy. My main purchase was 7 or 8 years ago and I have made several upgrades since then using their trade up program. Once I started with Axiom I never looked back so I really cant speak to the quality of Aperion now or their customer support. In short your talking to a big Axiom supporter so I'm quite biased. I have the VP160, M22 fronts, 4QS8's and 2 HTD directional in ceiling presence speakers. The HTD choice was because they are mounting in the frame at 18 degree angle down and toward the front seats. Its perfect for a presence speaker that needs to be in ceiling due to low ceiling height (7'10"). The only speaker in my system that regret is not Axiom is my Sub. The only reason for this is that I was getting a bit of friction from the wife with the "big ass box" in the middle of the floor. I said ok I will put it behind the screen then it turned into a discussion about how that "big ass box" was going to vibrate the house. So I found an in wall that I was happy with. Sunfire HSRIW8 has its own external 520 watt amp that drives 2 8" woofers. Actually deliveres a pretty good punch and since its housed in its own vibration dampening cabinet it was an easier sell to "the boss". Of course it still vibrates the house but its already installed so.....oh well. HA!

I say go with the Axiom, all the way around if possible. Your Denon should drive an Axiom system very nicely.

Last edited by aarons; 01/05/17 03:12 AM.

It all matters.....just not very much.