So, definitely an improvement over the 150. Was late last night before I could try it. I couldn't do the Audyssey setup yet so it's really not fair to judge anything yet. My mount should be here today, but my back is out so I'm not sure if I'll attempt it tonight.

It's certainly bigger than the 150. The woman is not happy. Even with two large subs and M80's next to it it's obviously big. Personally I don't mind it. If anyone is wondering the Vinyl on the V4 speakers, black oak, is a perfect match for the vinyl SVS P2k sub....I mean perfect. Oddly my Black oak M80ti's have a little different vinyl and seem flat in comparison, but it doesn't bother me. I have other V4's in the house so I sorta expected that.
Adjustable legs on the bottom are handy. Can be removed.
Now that I have the thing, I can see a better way to mount it. Before I bought it I was dreaming up idea's on how to do it. My Vp150 used the full metal bracket and had this cool floating look to it. No stands....loved it. I thought maybe multiple FMB's across the back might do it, but you couldn't use the standard screws, you'd have to drill a hole through the back of the speaker, and use a thicker bolt and washer through the hole into the FMB. Two FMB's and must be into studs. Speaker is 30" Across and lining up studs with the FMB's would be tricky. Even then, the speaker is 43 lbs, and I'd imagine a real wooden finish worse again. It's not so much the weight, a single FMB can hold many of Axiom's speakers up, but the depth of the 160 is the issue. Someone would have to crunch the numbers but because it sticks out so far, I'd imagine the weight at the bracket point would still be quite a bit.

Then it got me thinking. TV mounts. But reverse it. If you have ever mounted a TV the first thing you do is mount the rail to the wall, then the two brackets (not sure what to call them) onto the TV. then you lay the brackets onto the rail, and can slide it back and forth to center it. Well, if the VP160, even 180 had the rails on the back the full length of the speaker, and the brackets went on the wall obviously into studs..tada...speaker mount that should be plenty strong enough. You could slide it left/right to center, and the entire weight of the speaker would be spread across the wide rails on the back of the speaker.

My Peerless, which might not work, is basically a shelf. We shall see if it's strong enough soon.

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12