One of the woofers on my QS8's blew yesterday while I was watching Enders Game. Cool flick btw. I decided to buy a replacement woofer from Axiom, its on the way. Debbie mentioned to me that there is a good chance this happened because I may have the channel level settings too high. If anyone has any comments on insight on this I would appreciate it. I thought the channel levels just worked as a volume setting for each speaker. If I turn all the channel levels down, as to keep the levels per speaker where they sound good, I will just have to turn the volume up on the system to keep the sound in the room at my normal listening levels right? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of turning the channel level down or does the channel level have somehow a stronger signal than the whole system volume?

I am also having a problem with my subwoofer amp. Recently it started going into standby mode in the middle of a movie. Now it does it often and I find myself turning it off manually and back on to get power to the sub. Its almost like its not getting a signal from my receiver so its shutting itelf off. I am using a Yamaha RX 3050 9.1 setup. and a Sunfire HSR IW8 in wall sub with separate amp.

It all matters.....just not very much.