Sorry for not responding sooner, but this was my first time posting on these forums and I presumed I would get some sort of notification that someone answered my post. I never did, so I never checked back here until today because today was the day that I decided to throw the EP500 away and purchase a new Sub and it reminded me of the post I had left back in mid October so I decided to check.

Yes, I am upset about this since I own three Axiom systems and have spent large amounts of money with this company. One of my systems has the EP600 which is used WAY more than the EP 500 ever was. It is older and is running at least once a week. I feel that have paid a lot for these speakers and feel that this thing should have lasted a lot longer. The broken EP500 is in my vacation home which I am in MAYBE 40-50 days out of the year MAX. Of those days, I may have used my home theater 50-75 percent of the time MAX. So do the math. This thing may have been in my possession for almost 8 years, but it was very rarely used.

I have always felt that this company would be the type that would stand behind their products better than most based on their pricing and their reputation. That is why I chose to purchase from them in the first place. That is also why I allowed strangers into my home to audition these things. When I called about the broken EP500, the first words out of the woman's mouth after she pulled up my account was that my unit could NOT be fixed. That seems like total crap to me. How complex is a powered sub? It's a driver and an amp. How do you build something that costs this much but make it disposable?

I have no idea why it doesn't work. It played fine the last time I was here in February, and when I got back in October, there was just nothing. And before you all start telling me about power surges and storms, etc..please know that my entire home theater system is protected by a Monster Power PRO-7000 and an AVS-2000 plus there is 8U worth of APC backup battery power in the rack. The theater was designed and tuned by Bob Hodas. Some of the best available equipment (at the time) was used. It is not some thrown-together room with some chairs and a TV.

Not sure about Ian ever trying to reach me. When I called about this, they had my current phone number and e-mail address on file. I was NEVER contacted.

PS: My name is FRANK not FRED.

Last edited by FrankBear; 11/07/17 10:00 PM.