Woah, settle down cowboy. You have to mark your message for notification, thus the reason you never saw a response.

Also, your unit is 8 years old, well out of warranty.
You have it is a "vacation home" in which you state that you are in the home 40-50 fays MAX, and 50-75% (MAX) of that time you would use the home theater. So yeah, lets all "do the math."

That leaves 315-325 days of the year (MINIMUM) that you are NOT in the home. And possibly up to another 25 days that you were there, but didn't use the home theater.

You have no idea what could have happened during those time periods. That is a LOT of time where you were not even at the location... over 8 years, that is possibly around 2,600 days that you weren't even on property.

We travel a lot in my opinion, and there are probably 30-40 days that we aren't home at all in a year, that is just 320 days in comparison, and we still experience oddities around the house. Power issues happen almost always when we aren't home. I know, I know, you have some super fancy surge protection and power filtering in your vacation home, well those aren't always 100% fool proof either, that is why they still have to provide some sort of warranty against product damage should they fail, and they do fail. That said, I doubt that power through those devices are it as long as they were installed correctly. I say that because you can actually cause issues connecting multiple surge protection devices together if not done correctly. I am, however, saying that nothing, and I mean nothing, electronic is fail proof...

Personally, we've had water issues, heat issues, etc during those limited number of days that we have been gone. I can only imagine what any sort of electronic device is subject to in a vacation home that isn't used for about 11 months out of a year.

An idle item also doesn't mean that it isn't exposed to issues. Good luck taking a car (ANY car), leave it parked in a garage for 8 years, and use it a few days a year. It will still have issues or need maintenance just like a car that is driven regular. Sure, not the same amount of things, but you cant just let it sit and expect it to be "like new." Heck, your 8 year old "new" car, could end up a cozy home for a family of mice and have damage that you don't see until later on. Is that the car manufacturer's fault? Is it something that they should just fix because it "wasn't used much?" Heck no.

So settle down a bit, and tell us more of the story. What exactly did they say besides "it can't be fixed?" What did they tell you was wrong? Don't say "nothing" because we all know better than that. I understand that you want to vent, but you have to give the full picture here, or else it just comes across that you are trolling for responses and puffing your chest about spending a lot of money on a system for a vacation home and how it is impossible that anything is to blame but the subwoofer itself.

Farewell - June 4, 2020