What Nick sad. ARC is an external tool. What Marantz uses seemed to be little more than a built in multi channel graphic equalizer from my experience. I have used both. You can't compare the two.

As you need a windows laptop to plug in your USB mike. This is a real calibrated mike, not some $3 micro gadget you can get off ebay shipped from china. As Nick suggested, you can use the ARC as a tool to locate your speakers and get the best possible sound out of them before applying the magic from ARC. As you can see the realtime data in a graph on your screen, as you do each calibration run, you can see where you are getting a frequency drop or spike, then move the speaker, furnature etc and re-run with an overlay to see if it got better or worse than what you had prior.

You can have 4 speaker profiles where you turn on and off speakers, ARC configuration settings etc.

I have a profile setup for HT and TV. A different one for my media centre where I just have the 2 channel mains on with no correction at all. I also made a profile for doing music 5.1 where I tweaked the sound for more of a concert hall feeling.

But I will say from my experience I could not make the Marantz I had sound even 1/2 as good with all the correction and everything set as the Anthem sounded out the box with no correction at all. Your going to love the unit.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5