Mike, as I quickly scanned the post titles, yours caught my interest because of my own investing and my practice in estate planning and investing. I have no crypto-currency speculations and my general attitude toward the area is well-expressed by Steven Johnson writing in the New York Times Magazine that it's been taken over by "a veritable goon squad of charlatans, false prophets and mercenaries"(reminds one of certain areas of audio selling, as well).

The blockchain technology supporting it, among other areas, may be more promising and less hazardous, however, as this article discusses. As Dan wrote, investing in the technology rather than the currency may be a better way to go. You already own NVDA, which has some direct activity in the area, and three ETFs have just been started which invest in such companies(LEGR, BLOK, and BLCN). Interesting to note that the SEC has denied approval to cryptocurrency ETFs and even "suggested" that the three above remove the word "blockchain" from their titles before submitting them for approval(which was done).

That type of ETF may be worth it with a small part of your portfolio. My overall investment suggestion would be for a broader ETF focus on growth equities, such as the "pure growth" RPG which has performed well for a number of years. It correctly uses the factors of growth in sales, earnings and share price rather than the high PE ratios, etc. which many academic studies use in claiming that "value" beats "growth" in the market.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.