Originally Posted By MatManhasgone
I was at Deerhurst resort for a dance competition with my daughter at the beginning of April. As it's so close to Axiom, I made a detour to drop by and visit them. During that visit, I placed the order and was told by Deb that Andrew had designed a new amp circuit board and they would be in at some point soon.

The agreement was that I'd rather wait for the newly designed board before they start to make mine. It was when I got home that I started to have the seeds of buyers remorse over the price paid vs if I would see any gain from the expense.

Shortly after I posted here I got an email from Axiom that my assumption was the new boards were in and they were making up my amp. Why would you send out a notification that you were working on something unless you had all the parts to finish it. I have heard from Ian that they are expecting the boards in shortly, so it must be that they made up the box, put in the power supply but simply couldn't get any further as they didn't have the 'amp' part to fit inside.

I will wait a bit longer as it hopefully is getting made and will show up.

The new design could have had any one or a combination of problems including a manufacturing error. If it was me, I wouldn't cut a new design into production until it was completely verified. Or maybe there was a part shortage.

Ian is very eager to please (and is an eternal optimist) and in this case, he shot himself in the foot. To be fair to him though, you agreed to wait for the new design so you took a risk.

I know from experience, Ian will go 10 extra miles to ensure satisfaction. In my case, it was 1900 miles.

Since you're having the seeds of buyer's remorse, maybe you are second-guessing your purchase which makes what's happened even more bitter. I've been there and done that with the EP600v2. Ten years after my original purchase, he remembered me and made things more than right. I'm a customer for life and so will my son be one day.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated