TDIPablo, aarons thank you for your comments,

TDIPablo, in regards to having port plugs for the M22's, yes & no. I am using 3/4 inch pipe insulation cut in half, rolled to fit in the ports of the speakers. I am not certain that my DIY port plugs qualify? The use of the M2 for center channel is an experiment. The above speaker is a VP100 Center Channel and you definitely have a good suggestion for an alternate location that I should experiment with.

aarons, I agree with you, I too like bridgmans suggestion of having sliding shelves. It is definitely a suggestion that I must reflect on. Very nice of you to share that the concept is also working for you. Your suggestion is reviving similar idea that I had for the television. Idea that I have put momentarily aside due to the prepping of the family room for the arrival of the new doors and windows replacements. I must tread carefully about objects that I put in front of the bookshelves. I may have mentioned this previously but provided poor explanation of why. The front of the bookshelves provides a corridor without obstruction between the kitchen to the left of the bookshelves and the right of the bookshelves: the breezeway and gazebo. Some immediate thought/concern is: carrying food/beverages from the kitchen down the stairs to the gazebo, forgetting to look or not seeing speaker(s) that could potentially be sticking out.

Pictures showing the access from the Kitchen to the Gazebo:
Kitchen 1,
Kitchen 2,
Bookshelves Corridor 1, note: temporary location for the receiver,
Bookshelves Corridor 2, note: temporary location for the receiver,
Breezeway Access Door, usually left open in the summer. To be soon replaced by sliding door,
Breezeway and Gazebo 1,
Gazebo 2,
Gazebo 3,
Breezeway Access Door.

The speaker bookshelves cavity is about 12 inches deep. How far forward should the speaker be to clear the bookshelves and/or front of the television?

Last edited by Cognoquest; 06/20/18 08:07 PM.