Run a simple A/B/C experiment to put your mind at ease...

A) Place your M22's on some sort of stand/stack of books at about the same height they would be in the bookshelf.

B)Compare that to how they sound in the bookshelf (make sure you include whatever "stuff" you plan to put there).

C) The M22OW's are bottom ported and need to be hung. You don't have room on the left side to wall mount them unless you get a bracket that have them stick out. If you are ok with that, you would have better separation of speakers (assuming the second M22OW would be mounted between the closet and fireplace). Try that too in your M22 A/B/C comparison to see if separation is worth it. I don't think the improvement will that impressive to justify the expense and trouble.

I can almost guarantee you, unless there is some weird vibration as a result of the M22's on a shelf, that whatever difference you hear will not be worth the effort to get the "best" sound possible when balanced against the practicality of your situation. You took care of your weakest link (subwoofer) and that will make a big difference.

This room is not a dedicated Home Theater or Music listening room. I think you have a gorgeous country home and a really great room to hang out in to listen to music and watch movies when to mood takes you. Enjoy it as is :-)