Originally Posted By Cognoquest
bridgman, it seems that I will have more flexibility than I originally thought for the positioning of the subwoofer

Congratulations on the new subwoofer. Axiom's wood finishes are really nice... although for what it's worth I have always leaned towards "natural" finish rather than stains. Depends on the wood though - oak is almost always stained, while pine looks better natural IMO.

Then again I'm a knotty pine kind of guy, so you may want to ignore my decorating suggestions smile

Good to hear you will have additional flexibility in placement - hopefully you won't need it, but being able to move one box around rather than your mains makes a huge difference in being able to fit into a room.

Note to self - I guess I should take some of my own advice and haul one of my subwoofers down to the living room so I am not stuck with the current placement - which is 100% driven by bass response under a cathedral ceiling.

When I put the mains where I wanted them from a room layout POV the result was almost zero bass... and all the bass ending up at one end of the second floor loft rather than down in the living room where the rest of the frequencies lived.

Last edited by bridgman; 06/29/18 08:40 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8