I was able to finally enjoy a movie from end to end last night... Steven Spielberg's homage to the 80's "Ready Player One" in glorious ATMOS.

My wife doesn't like it loud so I had to restrain the system but I was floored how everything was still crystal clear and how beautifully mastered the recording was with all speakers working together to create a truly immersive sound bubble.

Even at -10db from my normal listening volume, the star was by far the upgrade from the EP175 to the EP500. You don't know what you are missing until you hear it (or in this case feel it). It is simply amazing how much more capable the EP500 is able to "pressurize" the room and make you feel the action. The action was already intense in the final fight scene with all the gamers coming online for a final assault on Planet Doom that you think the sub can't do more until Mechagodzilla arrives and the sub delivers more! I was feeling pressure in my ears and tickling in the Mojo regions! And then came the Holy Hand Grenade and Cataclyst bombs... the walls were shaking, the earth was quaking, my mind was aching, I was fighting for air!

I was spent after the movie. 2.5 hours went by quickly reliving 80's nostalgia (making the teenage angst aspect of the movie tolerable) and the beauty is I didn't once think of the VP180 as it blended so well with the system. Once I realized I only had the sub at 5, I'm now wondering what it would have been like if I had it cranked to 11?