Originally Posted By Mojo
I did not try it in my space. I just could not justify it because the 160 sounds very good.

I've been thinking about all the discussions lately around power levels and SPL. It could very well be I don't like to play my system loud because I detect distortion and find it obnoxious. We'll see what happens with the ADA and the M5HP. Maybe I'll discover I like to turn it up.

Having said that, one of my buddies came over yesterday and I had him listen to the track Ian posted. There were things he could not hear, others he could not hear clearly and most bizarre of all, no matter how much he tried, he couldn't perceive depth which was so very obvious to me. He's older than me by 5 years and has trouble hearing people when there's a lot of noise. Where I'm going with this is we have to protect our hearing because it would suck if we can't enjoy our music.

So I'm now seeing a refurb vp180 in stock in the exact colour I need. Should end up being cheaper than a new 160. Would I be crazy not to go for the 180?

Axiom M5HP VP160 M3 ADA1000
Anthem MRX 720
SVS SB-3000 (dual)