I am currently upgraded/changing up my home theatre in the great room. The entire space is 26’ wide and 42’ long. The 60” TV is centered at the long end. The room is divided into three sections (although continuous) with the family room in front of the tv, dining area in the center and the kitchen at the other end. Much of the time we sit in the dining area to watch a movie during dinner.

Currently we have a 2300 Denon, VP150, M22 on-wall’s, QS8’s on the sides and a SVS PB12 Plus/2. I have a Denon 4500 coming in next week and am planning on replacing the M22 on-wall’s with M5HP’s. Although I have M60’s, I have no place for floor standing speakers. Because of windows to the left and right of the TV cabinet, the fronts will be at a distance of almost 9’ away on both sides. My plan was to position M5HP’s on top of the counter height cabinet on each side of the room angled in. My thought is that I need to the extra loudness to carry into the dining area. Right now I am maxing out the volume in my current setup which is barely right when sitting in the family room. Do the M5HP’s sound like the right solution to get louder? Quiet dialogue can be difficult to hear in the dining area unless everyone stays really quiet.

The other upgrade I want to do is for the center. Sounds like the VP160 is very popular, but I wonder if the VP180 would make much of a difference in carrying sound into the greater room? And then should I get the HP version in either one? Will I need a separate amp to drive a HP? The center is in a cabinet which I will have to modify to fit the bigger speakers regardless.

thanks!

Denon x4500h
ADA-1000 x3
VP160HP
M5HP x2
M3OW x2 sides
M2OW x2 rears
M3 In-Ceiling x4